TN: 2015 Ugo Lequio Barbera d'Alba Superiore Gallina

Took a flyer on some Ugo Lequio ewwines after seeing praise from Gregory del Piaz.
This was an A+ pizza wine last night.

• 2015 Ugo Lequio Barbera d’Alba Superiore Gallina - Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Barbera d’Alba Superiore (6/26/2020)
    Based on numerous comments of this being best on day 3, I slow ox’d this for several hours and it was just starting to show its stuff at the 5 hour mark. It has a restrained nose, dark fruit, leather, feels rather compact and serious. It is Barbera on the palate: very clean and direct, some jammy-tangy black cherry and underlying herbal tones. Fresh, bright and youthful, it was a terrific match for our pizza once it opened up. Nice wine with some upside, it seems.

Posted from CellarTracker

Dennis,
Thanks for the note! I’m looking forward to receiving my mixed case of Ugo Lequio this fall incl this Barbera. It sounds like my style.

[cheers.gif] I have some of the 15 and 16 Barbaresco that I have not yet tried. Looking forward to the '16s given how the vintage is showing.
Hope you enjoy them, Peter!

We recently hosted a zoom tasting with Ugo and his son-in-law. Not sure if I can post a link to the video on our website, so email or PM if you would like it.

N.B. We sell a range of Lequio wines including this Barbera Superiore.

Greg- Sounds great. Will send a PM about that video. Thanks!