Cedarville/Susan

Just had Bill & Jane Easton over for apps. There was wine involved. Good wine.
Bill shared with me the devastating news that Susan Marks had died a few weeks ago from pancreatic cancer. Totally devastating news.
I first met Susan & Jonathan shortly after they opened Cedarville in FairPlay. They both had personality galore and I took an instant liking to them. I’ve ordered their wines every release since them. Did several visits with them at Cedarville. At the bottom of every order, Susan would write a thank you to us for our support.
Last saw them several yrs ago a Taste restaurant in Pokerville when she saw me on the other side of the room eating/drinking with friends.
Susan was a very special lady who could connect easily with people. I’m going to miss her greatly. I am sad beyond words.
Tom

So sad to hear this news. Some of the most down to earth and sincere producers of wine that I’ve ever met. In an industry of fakes and posers they were the real deal. I wish Jonathan my sincere regrets that he has lost his partner.

Yup, Casey … couldn’t agree more. The Real Deal.
Tom

Yes, very sad. I haven’t seen her in a few years, but one of my favorite people in the wine business.

-Al

Oh no, that hurts to read. It’s been quite few years, but we had a wonderful visit with them at the vineyard. So sad to hear this.

Oh no, that’s horrible news!

A friend told me about them when they were pouring their first vintage (1998 Syrah) at the Rhône Rangers tasting at Fort Mason. I was very impressed. I’ve been on their mailing list ever since.

I helped them pour a couple of times at those RR Fort Mason events. I went to their open house at the winery a few times.

Such lovely people. I’m so sad to hear this. :disappointed:

This is so sad, really horrible news. I’ve known Jonathan & Susan for 20 years and I can’t think of nicer people in the wine business. I visit at least once a year, most recently in December. Hope that Jonathan is managing ok, such a terrible loss.

This hits home for me as well. They are both great people and soulmates. I have known them for 20yrs when we first bought some property out there. Susan was just the sweetest most caring person around. I hope to see Jonathon when we are out there in a week or two. Just incredibly sad to loose your soulmate so young.