What's your most consumed wine?

More CellarTracker fun. I can track back to 2005 or 2006.

My winners are, for individual wines:
2006 Taittinger Comte BdB
NV Dethune Rosé
NV Vilmart Cuvée Rubis

For producer:

Gilbert Picq Chablis (Vosgros, Vaucopen, Dessus Carriere) at 160 bottles total. Funny, as I can’t get those anymore and haven’t opened one in years

I intended to post the number of bottles of the champagnes consumed, but upon seeing the results, became a somewhat penitent. Suffice it to say, I’d probably be able to retire sooner had I not made those purchases!

No regrets, and Cheers!

Warren

Old CA reds.
Almost no Bordeaux.

Across multiple vintages:

Tement Sauvignon Blanc Steirische Klassik
Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py
Arnot-Roberts Rosé

Of my top 21 wines consumed, 17 are champagnes, with 6 of those being various Krugs (counting the Grand Cuvee as a single wine although the ones consumed came from various releases/versions). The Krug Grand Cuvee is far and away the most consumed single wine (again, with the caveat that it includes many different releases/versions of the Grand Cuvee).

Had a Krug Grand Cuvée a few weeks ago and it was gorgeous; the kind of effortless bubbly which lifts you to the sky. I envy you. The other two wines for the starters in that dinner were a Pol Roger Winston Churchill and 1990 d’Yquem, so it had competition.

No surprises for me:

Domaine Brana Harri Gorri Rose with a whopping 181 bottles, though a few cases were sold to friends and family. That’s across all vintages.

Then our two house champagnes: NV Francis Boulard Les Murgiers and NVEgly-Ouriet rose. And rounding out the top 5 are Triennes rose and Vallana Gattinara.

Pycm bb
Hudelot br
Krug gc
Gonet Medeville brut
Barthod br

Fontsainte Gris de Gris, over multiple vintages.

My top 4 individual bottles …

2003 Suduiraut, in 375ml
1992 Ridge Monte Bello
2005 Sea Smoke Botella Pinot Noir
2004 Kongsgaard Chardonnay

For multiple vintages …

Ridge Monte Bello
Dunn Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon

I don’t use CT to track inventory, and I tend to drink a lot of different wines from different region and winemakers. Over vintages, Walter Scott La Combe Vert and various Calon Segur’s would have to be up there, as well as Dancer Les Corbin, Billecart-Salmon Rose, Fourrier’s G-C and the sisters’ (Mugneret-Gibourg) Vosne Romanee, also Burlotto Monvigiiero, especially the '09, which I purchased a lot of (for me).

Didn’t use CT much to track my own cellar until recently, so don’t have nearly accurate data. However, of what’s been tracked

Scott Kelley Pinot Noir - 13%
La Tache - 3.3%

If only LT were actually my number 2 most consumed wine, I’d be the luckiest man alive!

'06 Alesia Syrah Fairview Ranch
'06 Stefania CS Uvas Creek Vyd
'09 Harrington PN Wiley
'76 Calera Zin Essence
'76 Ridge Monte Bello Cab-Merlot
'08 Stefania PN SCM (Woodruff, undisclosed)
'05 McHenry PN Estate
'79 Martin Ray CS Howell Mtn
'10 Harrington Nebbiolo Paso Robles
'86 Ridge Monte Bello

I don’t usually purchase much of any one wine. Three of these were auction lots. The rest reflect on my preferences. I worked at Harrington, but those are my two most consumed of over 130 wines.

Drouhin’s St Veran. My go to every day white.

Pepiere Briords; Brun Beaujolais; ESJ Rocks and Gravel; Lauer Barrel X

I have only used CT to track consumption since Sept. '17, so this is skewed by small sample size, and I only see how to run a report by producer, not by individual vintage or wine, but over those 617 bottles, my most common producers are:

Ca’ Rozzeria (17 bottles)
Turley (8)
Les Halos de Jupiter (7)
Domaine Grand Nicolet (7)
Pierre Usseglio (7)
Dominique Laurent (6)
Taurino (6)
Paloma (6)
Isaac Fernandez (6)
Barou (5)
Jadot (5)
Chevillon (5)
Bedrock (5)
Felsina (5)

I’m quite confident that the list will look rather different over the next 617 bottles, and again the 617 after that. The Halos and Laurent wines, for example, are all from one or two vintages where I bought several due to a great deal, and those vintages are now in their drinking window so they are hitting this list, but I haven’t bought any since, so they will drop off. Chevillon used to be one of my go-to Burg buys every year, and they will stay on my consumption list for several more years given what’s in the cellar, but given the price increases, they aren’t being replaced, so they will drop off the list eventually, too, etc. Bedrock and Felsina will (I hope) continue to appear on this list for many years to come.

Ode To Lulu Rose (19 bottles)

In terms of producers, my top 5: Grand Puy Lacoste, Togni, Pontet Canet, Pichon Lalande, Haut Brion

Individual wines: 96 Grand Puy Lacoste, 00 Grand Puy Lacoste, 86 Gruaud Larose, 86 Beychevelle, 88 Pichon Lalande, 00 Branaire Ducru

For white: various white wines (often Sauvignon blanc) from Stefan Potzinger (Styria/Austria) and others …
for red: Cotes-du-Rhone (and Vin de France) - various producers, among them Charvin, Ferrand, Clos du Caillou, Pegau, Brunel, de Tours …

It isn’t even close - Collestefano Verdicchio di Matelica. Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva a distant second.

Jean Manciat or Manciat-Poncet Macon-Charnay -

Been my go-to white for damn near 35 years - I find myself trying other Macon producers, and love most of them, but this is my go-to.