Random thoughts on some whites from the weekend.
- 2018 Le P'tit Paysan Chardonnay Jack's Hill Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Monterey County (6/21/2020)
Bright yellow and clear in the glass. The nose starts with seashells, white fruit, and some melon. Nice acidity along with lemon and white fruits hit the front of the palate. I get some melon on the mid-palate that leads into a medium-long finish. Creamy mouthfeel but not over-oaked. Bright acidity front to back. Best CA Chardonnay QPR I've had. Punches way about its weight, and it stands toe to toe my favorite QPR champions from Oregon. Excellent wine.
- 2018 I. Brand & Family Chardonnay Escolle Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (6/21/2020)
Lovely nose of white and tropical fruits, hints of caramel. A little less chiseled than the Jacks. Nice ripe fruit with bracing acidity and plenty of barrel notes. The oak is more noticeable but not too offensive. Drinking well now, This should age nicely and be something interesting in 5-10 years. Tasty wine. Good QPR
- 2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge Cuvée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (6/23/2020)
The latest bottle matches what I and other here have written previously. Such an outstanding wine for so few $. Had to buy another case before it was gone.
- 2018 Walter Scott Chardonnay The Rock Salt - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (6/21/2020)
2nd bottle of the Rock Salt. As good as the first. Tight and reductive upon PNP. Opens up after a few hours. Dirty and Delicous is a really good way. (This wine was not fined nor filtered and you can tell). Lemon, hint of line, and melon, great acidity, minerality and length.
Erica did confirm on the Zoom that this is the library stash of 2018 Cuvee Viticole. Nice Juice.
Happy Fathers Day to All!
- 2017 Edmunds St. John Gamay Bone-Jolly Rose - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, El Dorado County (6/19/2020)
Amazing Juice. fresh, bright and yummy
- 2018 Harrington Corvina Siletto Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, San Benito County (6/20/2020)
Wonderful light and bright wine. cherry with herbs. Tastes like corvina. Served lightly chilled.
Posted from CellarTracker