TN: 1993 Joseph Drouhin Clos St. Denis

• 1993 Joseph Drouhin Clos St. Denis - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos St. Denis Grand Cru (6/23/2020)
    Opened as part of our first blind zoom tasting from 3 oz glass bottle.

Amazingly beautiful flower garden of a nose. The term bouquet was never more appropriate. On the palate it was good to start with some lovely notes of underbrush and kept improving with air but was imo still a bit young.

I’d either decant or hold a few more years.

Consumed from a Zalto Burgundy glass. I usually hate this stem for its huge and ungainly size but it showed off the nose better than anything else I tried.

Purchased at auction about 20 years ago.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice! I’ll never forget an absolutely captivating 93 Drouhin RSV flirtysmile …with it a 93 Dujac CsD…“flowers jump from the glass…”! But the 93 La Tache edged them out by a hair. All showing pretty florals…LOVE 93!

+1 Love ‘93

From what I could tell the next morning, I don’t think you remembered most of the night [snort.gif]

Ha…too much of a good thing! You weren’t so hot yourself next morning if I remember. [wow.gif]

And Charlie - thanks for the idea of dividing a 750 into small glass bottles and distributing them for a Zoom call. It was tremendous fun.

Love 93’s and also and find lots of “value,” relatively speaking, in Clos St. Denis.

Unfortunately prices have escalated. My last good CSD buy was the 2005 Drouhin from Premier Cru.

no prob. glad it worked out for ya’ll. We are on our 8th(?) tasting coming up this week with a group along the west coast. It has been great.

at least i stayed!!!

I got some of the '05 Heresztyn at not a bad price. I could not resist the 2016 Dujac, tiny amount, at a crazy a price–though of course it’s gone up considerably since.

Cheers!