TN: de Négoce Deuce - Cab Franc

This arrived yesterday, it sat for a day in a cellar and I could not help myself. I’m popping…saw someone say “pobega” a bottle on offer 1, sounds like infanticide, guilty here, someone will have to fill that reference in one day for me.

Cab Franc, shiat, not something I buy outright usually. Can count on one hand, most are Long Island east end boozing through wineries. Peppery dark fruit and lighter body, for at least my time. One bottle of Angelus mixed in there at a restaurant and overpaid obviously.

This ain’t any of those. Its much better than inexpensive LI east end, and its not Angelus obviously. For the price, its a steal and I could drink this often. And will.

Pop and Pour, its new world, fruit forward. Not getting much stone of any sort out of this. Opaque as can be.

The nose feels dark purple fruits forward, plum. I’d like to say green bell pepper however more the spice route of white pepper, touches of vanilla, crayola marker, mix some herby notes in there. Great nose.

Very bright up front, all the above on parade and smooth. Feeling plum though brambly strawberry to the mix, great acidity in the middle. Smooth.

Finish is bone dry, good length, fruits just drying out on the back of the palate, tannin in action. Get more of that brambly strawberry mix on the finish.

For the money, can’t be beat. And I have so many, can’t wait to see development on a Cab Franc. Not my usual experiment.

My thoughts, over-analyzing a bottle that way to young and has not sat. Good Luck.

Nice. Thank you for taking 1 for the team.
I won’t see this bottle until October but glad that it has potential.

Thanks, mine is on summer hold…

Thanks for this! Looks like Cameron is true to his word thus far and I expected it. I have so many De Negoce cases on order, lol.