TN: 2015 Coquard Loison Fleurot Clos Vougeot

First big wine from this producer and it was wonderful.

Lovely aromatics with ripe red currants, cherries, and some earth. Palate had nice acidity and fine but not overly tough tannins. Lots of complexity and savoriness. Long finish. Beautiful purity and elegance with grand cru depth. May improve with time but quite generous now.

nice work.

Nice next gen QPR producer. Easy to like, upfront wines.

I’ve read he’s best buds with Sebastien Cathiard, so hopefully they’re exchanging trade secrets.

I like these wines. The Vosne Romanee village is very nice too and a value.

The Echezeaux 2015 is even better!! Upon arrival I opened a couple of bottles of the Morey villages 2016 which were all fabulously balanced with fine red fruited profile. This reminds me I haven’t opened any 2017 or 2018 yet to check on the vintages from them.

I need to buy a villages wine or something like that by him to try the wines. I bought 2014 Clos de la Roche, but have been waiting for it to get more mature to try it. Seems like a mistake.

K&L has the 17 CV for a low price.

Seems like the only place with the ech for a low price is Acker.

I have opened a Vosne 2017 as I got tempted by this tread. Upon opening there is a lovely Vosne Spicyness to it paired with red fruit undertones and a certain earthyness and a barely perceivable oak topnote. On the palate the wine is perfectly balanced, medium bodied with a bit less mid-palate density compared to the 2015’s and 2016’s. There is an excellent freshness in this wine which makes you want to drink another glass, even on a warm summer day!