Myriad 2018 Portfolio Cabernet Release

Received the Save the Date email a few days ago after tasting with Leah (tasting notes on CT). These wines are some of my favorites each year and IMO, represent really great value. Who’s buying?

“We are pleased to announce that our Myriad Cellars Portfolio Cabernet LOYAL BUYERS Release will open JUNE 30th at 9am PST. Due to Covid 19 our calendar had some changes, so please note, this is is a NEW EARLIER DATE. This release features the following wines.”

2018 Myriad Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $ 70
2018 Myriad Cellars Round Pond Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $88 91-93 points/ Jeb Dunnuck
NEW WINE: 2018 Myriad Cellars Peterson Family (Switchback Ridge) Cabernet Sauvignon $95 92-94 points/ Jeb Dunnuck
2018 Myriad Cellars Three Twins Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $99 95-97 points/ Jeb Dunnuck
2018 Myriad Cellars Steltzner Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $125 93-95+ points/ Jeb Dunnuck
12 Bottle Case - 2018 Myriad Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $840 Limited/ Free Shipping

I think between the Dr Crane and Georges III purchases I made earlier this year (along with Quivet) I am done with Myriad buying for the year. Need to save budget for other releases.

I’ll be buying. Myriad is by far the number one cab producer im my cellar.

I’ve actually been saving up for this one! [cheers.gif]

New on list. How does base cab compare to other similar Mike Smith wines? Seems like a great value at $70

I love the base Napa cab and will be picking some up at $70. I have much less experience than others on this board, but in my experience, you still get a signature Mike Smith mouthfeel, good fruit and extraction (but not what I’d consider a fruit bomb), but it just doesn’t have quite as much structure or complexity as the single vineyard cuvees I’ve had.

It’s a no brainer. I popped a ‘17 Napa the other night and it was excellent.

Dupe

Dupe

+1

Probably will be a 2 case+ purchase as usual. I have a problem.

Sounds like a good problem to me. [cheers.gif]

Ha I can definitely think of worse problems. champagne.gif

At this point Myriad is really the last Napa Cab wine list I am on! I haven’t been buying the basic, but the rest!

At this point Myriad is really the last Napa Cab wine list I am on! I haven’t been buying the basic, but the rest!

Just joined the mailing list today and grabbed two Napa Cabs and a Rosé from the April release? Wished for one of each of the others. How often are wishes granted?

EDIT: nevermind, since this was the previous release they were granted immediately [oops.gif]

These are can’t miss. The three twins is always fantastic and I can’t wait to taste the Peterson Vineyard…should be epic!

grouphug

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

The NV Is about as good as Napa cab gets for $70.

I’ll regret not grabbing the full case.