TN: 2002 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Reserve

• 2002 Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (6/17/2020)
    Well stored, perfect bottle. Clearly Napa cab. Deep ruby with moderate bricking. Intense nose of warm dark fruits, cassis plum,milk chocolate and some savory herbs, maybe a hint of ash. Palate is full bodied and dense but not chewy. Nice and relatively smooth. Drying tannins with some freshness still on the palate. A tad bit of heat on the finish. This bottle shows years to go and a testament to aged Napa cabs. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I haven’t had one of their wines in awhile. Need to go find one.

Paul, I see your local. I have the 97,2001 and more of the 2002. I’ll save em. When COVID is over, you’ll come over and join some of the other local hooligans and we can put together a nice vertical with some flannery. What is Todd’s crazy wine? Ghost horse or something? Might be worth trying too. Probably not… but anyway…

Sounds good. We can find a theme.

We opened a 2001 last night. Our 19th anniversary. We stayed next door at Bartel’s Ranch on our Honeymoon.
I didn’t write down notes but it was very good and in a very good place. Definitely not going anywhere in the near term.

Had my last bottle of the 2002 3-4 years ago and it was really in a great place, with no hint that it would be fading anytime soon. I’m glad to hear it’s still drinking well. I have a 1997 that I’m planning to open in the next few months - hope that shows just as well. I really do love their Estate Reserve cabs.

Personality controversy aside, all of the ACV wines I’ve had over the last 20 years have been in the 92-96 point zone. A few vintages could have been a Bordeaux ringer in a blind tasting. As you say, they age well too but are also enjoyable at six years IMO

Um, it’s, “THE Todd.” Please respect him. You should’ve written, “What is The Todd’s crazy wine?”

I see they make a Rose. Anyone try it?

ACV are great long distance runners. I too find them very comparable to bigger BDX years.

My one complaint was the bottle shape!

Gotta share some love here for the ACV wines…

Opened a 2003 Anderson Conn Valley Reserve last night. Marvelous with a Porterhouse steak! Well-balanced wine.
Wish I had more!

I have one bottle left from a six pack. I gave previous bottles mixed reviews. Several exhibited too much acidity for my taste.