TN: 2017 Domaine Rollin Père et Fils Pernand-Vergelesses Les Cloux

• 2017 Domaine Rollin Père et Fils Pernand-Vergelesses Les Cloux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Pernand-Vergelesses (6/13/2020)
    Served with the first copper river of the season, cedar planked and with homemade dill sauce. Really jumps right off the page with bright cheeriness, not so much flinty, but a more clean and polished mineral quality that was irresistible. Maintains balance, coverage, and energy with just a subtle kiss of white peach on the finish. Punches way above Village level. Thank you Martin S. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

So much stuffing to this. I love intensity but this was a bit too intense for me upon opening, lots of citrus. Saved most of the wine for days later and it showed real well after a few days in the fridge.

This sounds great Dale. I have come to admire Rollin a lot in recent vintages. From 2017 I only tastend their Sous Fretille and was really impressed and bought some more. There are some special teroirs in these corners of the Cote de Beane and Rollin is a great source. They don’t get a lot of attention, but keep on going in the right direction. Thanks for posting.

super Corton C also.

Very cool! I just bought three of their '17 Hautes-Côtes de Beaune for a summer sipper type and it hits the spot with solid QPR.

Lovely. Picked up a few 2018 from this producer to give it a try.

Love to hear that from you. Picked up some 2016, 2017 and 2018. Incredible price if it’s truly super.

Thank you for the replies, first time with this producer and I will will certainly seek out the other bottles mentioned.

I love Rollin, especially the Sous Fretile, which has a great saline quality. The Les Cloux tends to be a bit rounder in my experience, which is interesting because their Corton is really steely.

A greatly underrated estate. Been buying these wines quite regularly since the mid 1980s, and they NEVER disappoint. Not easy wines to find outside of the East Coast - and even then just the plum retailers that work with importer Neal Rosenthal -

Great wine & producer [cheers.gif]