TN: 2018 Limerick Lane Zinfandel Marquis

• 2018 Limerick Lane Zinfandel Marquis - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (6/12/2020)
    First night out to eat in 3 months. Started off wth a 1/2 bottle of Billecart Salmon Brut while we let the Marquis got some air. This is one classy wine. Kind of a neon ruby red color, aromas red cherry, plum, tobacco and spice. Medium bodied, a melange of purple, red, blue fruit showing off the various fruit locations. Wonderful bramble and spice, well structured, lots of gritty tannins, chewy fresh fruit, just a whole lot going on. This is pure deliciousness but the structure says this has a long long life ahead of it. AmpLe acidity really balances this out nicely. The 15.1 alc is not noticeable except that after a couple glasses I could feel it.
    36% Martinelli Rd, 23% Limerick Lane, 18% Sodini, 14% Bedrock, 9% Carlisle. Over 500yrs of grape growing history in this bottle and it shows. Just terrific!

Posted from CellarTracker

I’m really looking forward to this. I received an offer 2 days ago and ordered 3 bottles. Thanks for the note.

Try one now but they are surely to improve with some sideways time. First sip I was thinking fine Claret.

Thanks for the post Brian.

I’ve never had any Limerick Lane wines before, but after reading your post, decided to order some - Ordered 2 Marquis, and 2 1910 Block.

Can’t wait to try!

What are you trying you say, I’m an enabler? [snort.gif]

It’s a unique location they have there kinda straddling the terrior of RRV and Dry Creek Valley. Makes for some interesting wines.

You indeed are an enabler and I’m grateful!

Are you driving out to pick it up?? [cheers.gif]