Ceritas inaugural rose release

Only 125 cases and purchase in 3 bottle increments. Free shipping on 6 bottle orders. Didnt see any mention of price. Release starts June 18th.

Anybody interested/excited about this?

I was on a Zoom call w/them earlier this week and they mentioned it. John said that they’ve made this multiple vintages but this is the first one they’re going to release. I also recall he stated that this isn’t your typical sour pucker Rose but something more serious. (Or something like that I could be mistaken… as I was actually working while the zoom was going on lol.)

Price is $35 per bottle.
I understand they will pick up the costs of shipping for an order of 6.
From the email:

2019 ROSE OF PINOT NOIR \ SONOMA COAST

Grapes were sourced from the Senna Vineyard just outside of Occidental with equal proportions of Calera and Swan from shallow sandstone soils.
We picked the Pinot Noir under the stars on September 19, 2019, at potential 12.3% alcohol. Temperatures were freezing that night and the grapes came into the winery under the cover of darkness to be whole cluster pressed. The cold juice was transferred to tank, allowed to naturally settle, and then transferred to 15-year-old white barrels for fermentation. Natural fermentation was slow and steady finishing just before Thanksgiving. We allowed the wine to age for three months on its lees while natural malolactic fermentation took place. Racked to tank nearly three months ago tightened the wine in preparation for bottling. We added back 10% of Rose from 2018 to bring some additional texture to the wine.
Super-expressive. Precise and sculpted in the glass with fabulous energy. Tense and transparent. Aromas of orange peel, yuzu and mint are backed by fresh cranberries and rose water that explodes out of the glass. The wine is textured similarly to our Chardonnay’s with a long finish that is almost unexpected from such a young wine.
We are thankful for your continued support of our family winery.
We will be donating $5000 to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund from this release to help protect the most vulnerable people in our society.
Be well. Love each other. Get outside and take in nature. We will all get through this. Let it be drinking Rose.
John and Phoebe Raytek

For what it may be worth, I am in. Hesitated a bit because of the price but I have enjoyed so many of their other wines that I decided to play along in this release.

Order in. 6 bottles. As I uncork more Ceritas, I find myself…magically aligned ; )

Cheers,
JP

Hmm it is not the 18th yet lol.

Super Special folks up above got a time machine .

I really wish they had released this in January in time for shipping season.

Overnight “free” shipping 6+ bottles. Yes loyal customers get an extra few days…but I was “surprised” to get an offer today and not Thursday. As a long time customer this is the first time offered a rose fyi…

Cheers,
JP

I’m very excited about this! I’m in for at least three, but probably six…why anyone would ship ground during this CA weather is nuts.

Anyone in LA wants to split a 6 pack. I’ll take a couple

Didn’t blink. Six ordered.

What’s the cost?

$35 btl.

Damn it. I resisted for 36 hours, and then broke down… In for six.

Clearing out my junk email folder, I found the spam god had wrongly directed my ceritas offer. Ordered my 6 quick. Sounds fabulous.

Heads up - email just went out for us newer customers. I was able to purchase 6- so the good news is there is still some supply.

In for a sixer! $228 includes tax and UPS overnight ship.

Bought six as well. Looking forward to trying this.

Looks like sold out now

Yep [cry.gif]

clearly there is a market for this wine! wow…