TN: De Negoce #1

Since I was too late to buy the summer hold option, I decided to pobega this wine to make sure that nothing’s wrong with the bottle.
Bottles was received at 74 degree in So Cal.
Dark purple, almost black in color. Plum, chocolate, nice grippy tannin but not over powering. Long finish and smooth on the palate.
Definitely great buy at this price point ( about $13 all in)

How about the oak level?

Would you have blindly guessed cab?

hero for opening one for us! thanks.

Mine were supposed to be delivered today, but leave it to UPS to misroute them to not only one, but two other towns. We’ll try again tomorrow.
I complained to UPS and they blamed it on Covid. Asshats.

The fruit profile is more dominant than the oak.
I would say this is as expected from typical CA cab.

It’s definitely tasted and smelled new world (not bordeaux).

Thats one of the reasons I went for storage. Had a couple “next day” wine shipments take the scenic route…

I put shipment #2 in storage. It’s still not really hot here yet, so we’ll see what happens today.

Not bad for bottled a week ago and deeply shocked. Now imagine what it’ll be like in a couple months [cheers.gif]

They’re here…
3BACDCD9-4EF2-44F3-A4B3-064C067C64B1.jpeg

sexy shot…decided to go naked/no capsule…unnecessary and clogs up recycling with mixed media in polylaminates. Weevils wont even touch those technical corks…or so I am told. We are still dialing in the packaging with a little more beige coming on the labels and we’ll be moving to big-ass Nomacorks as soon as those guys can get their production caught up to our needs.

[cheers.gif]

Received the Rose’ and Chardonnay offer today…not much of a Rose’ drinker (though I have a bit), but I do enjoy an occasional Chardonnay (Kutch, Rochioli, RM, Ridge, Marcassin, to name a few. But given Cameron’s reputation and the price it seemed like a no brainer.

New review posted…looking good

DAVETROUP LIKES THIS WINE: NR
I couldn’t resist opening a bottle, even though doing so is ill-advised at this point. This is a great wine, and will undoubtedly be much more great later. I won’t open another bottle for several months, but this is already a 90+ point wine. I’m not going to rate it yet, but this is good stuff, despite the shock of bottling and shipment, all within the past couple of weeks.

Ok. I know it was just recently bottled, but I couldn’t wait. Opened up a bottle and decanted it.

The nose is terrible. But, once in your mouth, it is very dry, and I believe with the age it will be a very nice wine. Hopefully the nose will also get better the longer it is in the bottle.
924C2105-982B-4864-B77F-6086A867242F.jpeg

Such a promising tasting note neener

“The nose is terrible.” [rofl.gif]

Bro, the wine was bottled this month. Why did you even open it? Why are you even posting this?

Well I can answer the “why did you even open it?”

It’s $10 and the first bottle of a new venture that has sold 10 or 20k cases already and people are interested in the qualilty.

But really cause it’s $10.