PSA: Harrington Wines: Down but not out!

For those not on the Harrington list. Another opportunity to stock up on awesome wines from Harrington. I picked up a library case and it was full of goodies. Where else you can get really well made wines, with age, ready to drink for $20. As soon as my credit card cools off, I am going back for more… Not sure where to start. Maybe the 2012 Charbono or the 2011 Fiano?

Original Email in HTML

Sean

Harrington Wines: Down but not out (of wine!)

Like the rest of the world, Harrington Wines has been through challenging times this past year. And while it is true the winery did not produce wine in 2019, we still have a good stock of wine squirreled away in a local wine warehouse. So why not spread a little happiness by offering you, our most loyal patrons, four generously discounted wine packs. With 18 years of wine production behind us, there’s plenty to offer such as: the “winemaker’s favorites” pack features a selection of our best efforts from the last two vintages; the “rhone zone” package focuses on Syrah, Grenache and Mourvedre from two great Rhone-appropriate appellations; the “library case” is a custom-built-for-you selection of perfectly cellared wines going all the way back to the Pinot Noirs of 2002. And closest to my wandering heart, the “outsider” collection of wines vinified from delicious, but obscure grapes.

These offers are all at least 20% off retail. Order a total of two cases (24 bottles) combined from any of the packages and receive an additional 5% off. Order as many of the packages as you like. NO LIMITS!

Winemaker’s Favs $200 regular price, discount: $160 / 6 bottles
These are the recent wines I cannot keep my hands off. All six are exceptionally expressive, solid and have the ability to age beautifully.What more do you want at this very affordable price?
2018 Chardonnay, Liebeler Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains
2018 Tempesta, Corvina & Pinot Noir blend, Siletto Vineyard, San Benito County
2017 Syrah, McEvoy Ranch, Marin County
2018 Eros III Cep, Mourvedre, Syrah and Grenache blend, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County 2018 Sagrantino, Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County
2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, Wheeler Vineyard, San Benito County

Rhone Zone $185 regular price, discount: $148 / 6 bottles
Six Rhone-style wines made from grapesgrown at two exceptional sites: the granitic soils of high altitude Sumu Kaw Vineyard in El Dorado County or at McEvoy Ranch, Marin County’s ultimate cool climate vineyard on the Pacific Coast.The two Subrosa wines are just coming into their drinking window. Both are aging beautifully.The two Syrahs are meant for the ages, both flawless and full of life. The Mourvedre is from California’s acknowledged Moo hot spot, El Dorado County. More Moo Magic? Yes, please.The '18 Eros is my best effort from Sumu Kaw Vineyard. It took many years to figure out the intricacies of this vineyard, but the purity of fruit in this wine makes all the effort well worth it.
2017 Syrah, McEvoy Ranch, Marin County
2017 Syrah, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County
2017 Mourvedre, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County
2018 Eros III Cep, Mourvedre/Syrah/Grenache blend, Sumu Kaw Vineyard
2016 Subrosa, Mourvedre/Syrah blend, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County
2015 Subrosa, Mourvedre/Syrah blend, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County

Pack of Outsiders $171 regular price, discount: $136/ 6 bottles
For more adventurous palates: six single variety wines produced from extraordinarily tasty, fairly obscure grapes cultivated by fearless California growers. The Alvarelhao lives up to it’s rep as the most aromatic grape of Port wine blends. The Gamay, vinified carbonically, is full of life, fruity and earthy in a good way.Perfectly-aged Grenache, ready to drink… spicy and pretty. The Nebbiolo comes from western Paso’s limestone ridges and shows it well with varietal typicity, lovely aromatics and deep structure. The very rare, dry, white Verdelho, a Portuguese grape used in the production of the classic sweet Maderia wines, is otherworldly. The Angelica is an homage to the first wine of California, made by the Spanish missionaries in the 1700s. Much like an aged tawny Port, it is a wonderful drink to experience with dark chocolate.
2018 Alvarelhao, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County
2018 Gamay, Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County
2016 Grenache, Siletto Vineyard, San Benito County
2016 Nebbiolo, Luna Matta Vineyard, Paso Robles
2018 Verdelho, Walnut Wash Vineyard, Napa County
Angelica, a Mission-based fortified dessert wine, Somers Vineyard, Lodi

Library Case, $360 average regular price, discount: $240 / 12 bottles
Since the winery started in 2002, a few cases of every wine produced at Harrington has been held back and carefully stored in the library cellar. We are now offering a mixed case of wines pulled from this library for $240. Be assured, we will send you a selection of only our best from these older wines. You can even let us know which Harrington wines you’ve enjoyed in the past and we’ll build a case around your preferences.

Please call me at 415.652.9655 if you have any questions about the wines or offers. (Changed area code to 415, originally said 451)
I have a lot more time these days, so it would be good to hear from you!

PURCHASE
To order, go to the PURCHASE page of the Harrington website. All of the SPRING SPECIAL offers are listed there:http://www.harringtonwine.com/purchase/
Or you can fill out the form below and send via email to: bh@harringtonwine.com
www.harringtonwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/2020-spring-order-form.pdf
Or by regular mail with your check or your credit card information to:
Harrington Wines
205 Nevada Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
All purchases will have shipping charges added along with sales tax for CA residents.

Checking weather across the US for next week, temperatures look moderate, so please place your orders as soon as possible to beat the heat.

Sorry, we no longer have a winery space, so physical pickups of orders are not possible.

Many, many thanks for the support over the years. You have been much appreciated. Stay strong.

Bryan Harrington
June 6, 2020
www.harringtonwine.com

I just asked Bryan to put together a mixed case. Not at all disappointed.

I have a bunch of more recent Harrington, but every time I tasted up there I was always super impressed with 5-15 year old wines Russel Obama would always be pouring at the library table, so this was a no brainer for me. Will post some notes soon.

Sean

Thanks for posting the info, Sean. Definitely looks like a great deal on library wines. The newer wines should be drinking really well too - I happened to open a bottle of the 2018 “Eros III Cep” Mourvèdre/Syrah/Grenache blend from Sumu Kaw Vineyard in the Sierra Foothills a few nights ago and it was really nice. The Mourvèdre component really takes the lead aromatically, with the Syrah giving it more depth and the Grenache adding brightness.

harrington 2018 eros iii cep.jpg