TN: 2017 Hudelot Noellat Bourgogne

Beautiful as always. Glad I reupped for more. So charming and easy to drink with beautiful red fruits.

Great to hear! I’ll be getting this soon, but was discouraged by notes that compared it unfavorably with the 2015.

Nah-it’s fine.

I didn’t get that much of the 15, 3 pack I think, but to my palate the 17 is perfect for what it is. I want a Bourgogne to have pure fruit and be eminently crushable.

Ultimately, these ‘entry level wines’ are what really makes a producer stand out for me. It’s ‘easier’ to make great wine when you can pass off a high cost to the consumer (although what’s high or not is always relative).

Thanks for the note Michael. I might have been one of the CT people you saw who thought it paled compared to the '15 (I am cct). I think '15 played really well into the combination of producer and appellation. I still think the '15 at its stage was better than the '17, but I had a bottle of the '17 last week, and it is coming into its own and closing the gap. It is a solid AC Bourgogne. Delicious and a terrific value.

I bought this because of chatter on the list. Good recommendation.