gets in your soul, in the best of ways, 1989 Ch. Meyney

• 1989 Château Meyney - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Estèphe (6/8/2020)
    Aerated in wide-bottom decanter for ~ 2 hours, served blind. Thrilling nose, and in many ways quite unique - fun, and lovely mixture of red, blue, and black hard candies, white, red, blue, and purple flowers, red, blue, and some black berries, and a lovely, subtle yet poignant foundation of soil underscoring all of it. Cool, fresh acidity. A medium body that has much more presence than its 12,5% abv. might suggest. Given the freshness, etc., here, this should hold at this level for another decade no problem. This bottle was in excellent+ condition, and for this, each of us was very thankful. A lovely, highly memorable experience, and a true standard bearer of world-class Saint-Estephe. very highly recommended

Posted from CellarTracker

No doubt, a fantastic era for Meyney. The 1986 is also something really special.

A great era for this estate…perhaps 2105 & 2016 will see a recovery!

The 1989 has been one rockin’ good Meyney. I’ve had a few, mostly shared by others, and none disappointed.

Had this fir my wife’s birthday (Her birth year) and it was spectacular. Your note is right for our bottle plus a lot Umami/earthy notes. Like mushrooms and soy sauce.

Wish I had more