Napa Wineries Opening Up This Weekend - Others Next Weekend . . .

We were given word yesterday that much of the state is moving into Stage 3 of the COVID recovery, and as such, wineries and tasting rooms are being allowed to open without the need to serve food and act like a restaurant.

Napa was given the green light to open as of yesterday, one week ahead of others. Those who felt that Chuck Wagner’s law suit would push things back seem to have been proven wrong, and one main reason Napa County has been allowed to open earlier than others is due to their strict food provisions and the fact that most were not allowed to open a few weeks back . . . and that makes sense to me.

There seems to be some rumblings about the fact that since Newsom owns or has owned wineries in Napa that they are being given special treatment - I’m not reading it that way at all.

I’m just happy that starting Friday, June 12th, I’ll be happy to be able to do tastings once again - albeit with social distancing [snort.gif] . I’ll still be able to handle 8-10 groups at a time and can’t wait!

Cheers.

Sonoma County Health Dept issued an update last night that starting today, June 6, wineries, breweries, and restaurants were now good to open for indoor dining. wineries may serve alcohol but only in the same transaction as providing a “bonafide meal” (meal definition still vague).

That is what we’ve been able to do for the past two weekends, though many of us, including my brand, have decided that we did not want to do any required food service.

The new changes will allow wineries to open starting Friday, June 12th without food restrictions . . .

Cheers

the specific change to the Sonoma County order starting today was “indoors” for wineries, breweries, and restaurants.

and the meal requirement - as it pertains to Sonoma County - has not been rescinded.

I’m pretty sure that it will be rescinded beginning this Friday . . .

Cheers

We had a place up here doing 50ml of Tito’s with a 2-pack of saltines for $3 or $4 to meet the food requirement.

two questions regarding the bold above:

1. Is this for SB County only, or statewide?

2. Have you seen any documentation (from the Gov’s Office, ABC, DPH, etc.) on a June 12 date for the meal requirement being rescinded? I’ve been searching and cannot find anything concrete.

i guess if you’re gonna roll the dice, that’s one way to go.

Did you post the saltine tasting notes on Cellar Tracker?

looks like you are correct. good news!

Still awaiting ‘approval’ from our County’s Public Health Office - the same as every county at this point. Things are looking good, but every county is dealing with different metrics to compare/contrast. Fingers crossed and we would here today . . .

Cheers.