Saturday TNs: Three Chardonnays from Tissot

Hot & humid today in the Delaware Valley, so we need something thirst quenching. Given how infrequently folks on the board post about wines from the Jura, I believe these may be the least known great white wines. The Clos de la Tour de Curon was intense in focus, and just mind-blowing in every respect. And the Chardonnay Rose was pretty cool given how weird/rare/strange the grape mutation is.

At any rate, a shout out here to Rob Panzer, who is the only guy I know that seems to make the “Don Quixote” effort to attempt to support and commercialize these growers.

Brisk and refreshing on the palate - delicious! Wow.

This is noticeably darker in the glass, almost bronze - no clue whether that color relates to the pigment in the grape skins.

Pretty delicious on the palate - good acidity and persistence, quite refreshing. The nose has those savory notes I often get from Tissot’s wines. Obviously a wine curiosity given the rarity, but one I would gladly try (and buy) again.

Posted from CellarTracker

We tasted here in Arbois over the summer and I couldn’t believe how good everything was, nor how inexpensive they were at the “cellar door” (actually a small shop) price. Sickened by my inability to bring home more than a couple.
Good to know where to source them!

We don’t get to have Tissot’s wines very often, but have found them uniformly excellent. Jura Chardonnay Is a great style to me, and well-priced also.

As for the Chardonnay rose, we have had Puffeney’s several times, labeled as melon a que rouge, it always seems to me somewhere between Jura Chardonnay and savagnin, and this is a great place to be!