TN: 2013 Lisini Brunello di Montalcino

• 2013 Lisini Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (6/3/2020)
    Though I’d check in on this, fail. It’s nice, but it’s holding back just about all of the complexity I know is here. Enjoyable, nicely balanced, and certainly structured, it’ll just need another 5-8 years before emerging from its heavy cloak. Some Sangiovese just need a lot of time to truly shine. 14,0% abv. HOLD. recommended+

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, Tim, for taking one for the team!

Thanks, Tim. Consistent with my note from almost exactly one year ago.

Thanks, Tim. Not entirely surprising for this producer and vintage. On the flip side, I was pleasantly surprised by how well a 2012 Lisini Brunello showed last year. [cheers.gif]
Have you had more success with any 2013 brunello recently?
Regards,
Peter

no, Peter. A recent bottle of 2013 Stella di Campalto rosso, while obviously young, still rocked my world. That said, any remaining bottles will be resting for several more years. The 2013s, generally speaking, are in various stages of slumber/pre-slumber, I would suspect, and those with above-average structure (i.e. those in my wheelhouse) will need time because…structure, as you know.

Not surprised by your success with the 2012 Lisini, and quite happy to hear it, actually. [cheers.gif]

The Lisini Brunello 2012 was great (18/20) in a large Brunello horizontale in 2017

February 2020 : an excellent Lisini Brunello 2013 (17/20)

December 2019 : a very good Brunello Il Colle 2013 (16,5/20)