recorked bottle - how long?

I opened (but did nothing else to) a 2014 Thomas PN last night around 7:30. Call it a slow-o or audouzing. After an hour long work call at 8, the bottle was recorked around 10 as it became the case there would be no drinking that night. How long do you think I’ve got with this bottle?

I don’t know the wine but if in the fridge or cellar, at least three or four days, maybe a week.

Really? I’d expect 4-5 days out of a bottle that has been open and half full for 12 hours, if sealed with my vacuvin.

All I’ve got is this:

Dude, I cracked an '02 Lokoya Mt Veeder a couple weeks ago. 6 hrs in the decanter. Didn’t finish the bottle, about a third left. Recorked and stuck in the fridge. Forgot about it for 5 days. Thought…crap this is gotta be shot. Nope, was better on the 5th day than it was on the 1st.

Just corking it and putting in the cellar I find it starts to go downhill around day 3-5. Using argon I’ve found it decent still up to about a week. But it’s a gradual process so not like you need to put it down the drain on day 3.

I recently argon and corked a Ridge Zin and stored in the cellar after being open a few hours then opened it up about 10 days later. I was surprised how good it was. Fruits were definitely muted but no off flavors. Maybe a 2 point drop.

Vacuvins kill the aromas of half full bottles. They reduce the air pressure, which tends to draw the aroma compounds out of the wine into the headspace.

To be clear, no wine was taken out of the bottle, so 2 hours of air exposure is pretty minimal. That said, I just coravin’d it tonight, and will probably cash it over the weekend.

The amount of oxygen that went into the wine during the opening period is very small, but more than that, if you pushed the cork to its original place, there was little oxygen added in the bottle so all the oxygen will be integrated into the wine in just a few hours.
Now the question is: is this wine very oxygen sensitive? I know a little Thomas and I don’t think his wines fear oxygen too much but depending on what you think, either consider this bottle opened and drink in the next few days as said before or you can consider this bottle as never opened. An in-between wouldn’t make sense chemistry-wise.
If it was my wines I’d say with certainty that you can keep it for another 10years, np.
The same happened to me with a magnum of Calon-Segur that was opened for my wedding. It’s been 4 years and I’m not scared the slightest.

I don’t think using Coravin afterward was a good idea. It couldn’t help as the oxygen was already integrated so it could only be detrimental to the wine’s quality.
Disclaimer: I’m not a big fan of coravin in general.

In my personal experience, It really depends on the quality and structure of the wine. Cheaper wines that I have recorked and returned to the cellar, were shot the next day. But on the other hand, some Saxum’s that I did this with were better on day two and three. I used to vacuvin, but I don’t bother any more.

I do not have any experience with Thomas Pinot, but I would think it would be fine this weekend. Not sure if any of that helps.

Agree
I almost never find improvement on wines which have been open for several days.