TN: 2018 Matthiasson White Wine (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2018 Matthiasson White Wine - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/31/2020)
    Six years ago I shared a seafood tower at a Napa restaurant with a group of co-workers. They asked me to choose the wine. I had been reading about a producer called Matthiasson, and noticed their ‘White Wine’ on the list for a friendly price. It was a match made in heaven. Six years later this is still a wine that makes food better. Lemon chicken tonight, and the bright acidity in the wine paired perfectly with the food. Lemon cream, almond skin (from the Semillon), mid-palate peach, and finishing herb and stone made for a delicious food wine, as well as an enjoyable drink on its own. Vintage after vintage this is a compelling offering from Matthiasson.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note - love this wine. Was at a seminar earlier this year with Steve and he poured a couple vintages of the white (one older one younger). Was blown away by the older one. He has succeeded in creating an archetype for the “ideal” white wine from four interesting varietals and all in Napa no less. Opened up a ‘12 last night that was delicious.

I don’t have the willpower to hold this wine that long.

This is a favorite white blend with food. I also have trouble holding onto these, but had a '14 earlier this year and it was great.