TN: 2017 Domaine de la Taille aux Loups Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos de Mosny

• 2017 Domaine de la Taille aux Loups Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos de Mosny - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Montlouis-sur-Loire (5/30/2020)
    Light to medium gold color. Nose of spiny apple core and grapefruit overtaken by pear and hyacinth. Mineral, bone dry line of citrus and apple on the palate cut with creamy white pear and stone. Quenching acidity and elegant but nicely structured texture. Longer finish of white stone fruit, flint, and grip. Very young but already exhibiting the beginnings of beguiling complexity. Great pairing with mussels and tomatoes over pasta. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the great note! I’ve been thinking about diving deeper in to the subject after enjoying the Remus tremendously.

Ilkka,

I’m just beginning to explore Vouvray and Montlouis whites myself and this was another stab at it. I’ll have to investigate the Remus also - thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Doug

His reds (Domaine de la Butte) are also quite good.

Michael,

Yes I agree. Sampled a 2016 Domaine de la Butte Bourgueil Mi-pente during a cycling vacation (ah yes, I remember those) in the Loire Valley a couple of years ago. It was terrific.

Cheers,
Doug

I have a last bottle of the 2010 in the cellar. These wines have a decently long life and quite high quality. This is the good one, although the Dix Arpents is also pretty decent.

Bill,

Good to know as this is the only bottling I had access to. A 2010 is probably quite delicious now.

Cheers,
Doug

The 2010 was outstanding - the only reason I have a bottle left when it is probably sliding a bit now is that I am reluctant to not have one to drink. You are lucky to see it as I don’t think production is huge.

these wines are really good. for a while you couldn’t get them in Seattle, and I had to get them thru Portland, but now they are being brought in to Seattle. the only disappointment for me is they are considerably more expensive than they used to be, but I think still worth it.

John you are correct the prices are no longer a bargain. The wines are of high quality as pointed out and are a great alternative to the Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, and Riesling bottlings I drink more often.

Cheers,
Doug