TN: 2018 Ceritas Chardonnay Zephyr Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2018 Ceritas Chardonnay Zephyr Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (5/30/2020)
    Amazingly focused and lean Chardonnay. Green apples on the nose and just in general feels like a great dry Riesling. And that’s such a good thing. Wow. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I think this is the best Chardonnay I’ve had.

That’s a new vineyard source for Ceritas. Nice. Young Ceritas chardonnay can be painfully intense, but it can also be strikingly good.

Thanks for the review…glad I bought a few. Sounds awesome.

Steve, I wish I did myself. I have one more, but now I wish I had a case of that stuff.

I reached out to them and they could offer me 6 more bottles. So I took it! It’s annoying that their pricing is so high, but the stuff is brilliant, so I suppose it’s worth it. [cheers.gif]

Adam…I feel your pain…and your pleasure. I simply find their chards absolutely brilliant. Nice move to reload. One thing I’ve finally learned over the course of this bizarre set of pandemic circumstances is don’t hesitate to back up something that thrills you…

Agreed. This is simply the best Chard I think I’ve ever had. And I’m trying to glean how they made it? It does remind me slightly of Failla’s concrete finished Big Egg one, in as much as how clean and crips they are. But what’s a little puzzling is that it’s 13.0% ABV, which doesn’t suggest a super early pick for a Chard. Yet I taste none of those medicinal, artificial tastes I tend to always pick up with them, mainly in oaked ones, but also to some degree in unoaked ones. I wonder if it’s concrete? It just has that crisp laser focused feel and acidity.

Anyway, I always said I’d never make a Chardonnay, but this one is an true inspiration that gets me thinking maybe I should try one day? [pwn.gif] [titanic.gif] [headbang.gif]