Pineau D'Aunis from Brazilier and Ser Cabernet Pfeffer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Pineau D'Aunis from Brazilier and Ser Cabernet Pfeffer

#1 Post by Adam Frisch » May 30th, 2020, 7:04 pm

• 2018 Domaine Brazilier Coteaux du Vendômois Margot - France, Loire Valley, Coteaux du Vendômois (5/30/2020)
    My first try with the rare Pineau d'Aunis grape. A white pepper nose, some subdued and slightly sour fruit, in a most pleasant way. It has a soft touch, no big tannins and not too acidic end. My wife didn't care for it that much, but I really enjoyed it. A great lighter summer table wine. (89 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
  • 2016 Ser Cabernet Pfeffer - USA, California, Central Coast, Cienega Valley (5/30/2020)
    Damn. This wine blew my mind. It was the second bottle of the night, so tasting note capabilities were impaired already, but this thing just hit every spot right. It had a magical, fruity nose, a perfect balance between everything, acid and tannins. Not too leathery, not too tobacco-y, not stewed, still fresh. But with girth and confidence. Felt like a great old school Cabernet Sauvignon, without a lot of oak. I've had a few wines made from the rare Cabernet Pfeffer-grape and I can honestly say they've all been great. Is this the most underrated grape ever? I'm starting to think so. (94 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker (with a little help) at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Return to “Wine Talk”