TN: '14 Marc Colin En Remilly, '07 PYCM Corton Charlemagne

A couple recent Burgs of note

Fresh cream, orchard fruit, salted nuts, and white flowers on the nose. Rich and expansive on the palate, this has gained breadth, but lost some of the laser sharp focus of my last bottle. That said, there is plenty of tension. Ripe yet with a limestone chiseled structure behind the breadth and richness. This has the structure to carry its weight and then some. Powerful, yet deft on the palate with more orchard fruits, creme brulee, buttered popcorn, and florals. Very long, with a mouthwatering stony-chalky finish. It did grow with several hours in a decanter, but it is more evolved than I would have expected based on the brilliant, very youthful showing last time. I will try another bottle soon to see if this is representative. Outstanding and then some, but not emotional like the last bottle. 94 (94 pts.)

• 2014 Marc Colin et Fils Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (5/24/2020)
    Drunk over two nights
    Tightly wound at first, it slowly opens with chalk, citrus pith, lemon curd and white flowers on the nose. It’s focused and deep, yet kept fresh and clean in its mid weighted frame. Stony, soil, and acid driven on the palate with a sense of minerality and focus. It has good dry extract, but most of all a sense of stoniness and depth without weight. A rock heads wine. Mouthwateringly fresh with citrus more than orchard fruit and subtle wood acting more in a supportive role to the soil driven theme. Outstanding youthful wine that gained clarity and focus on day two. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for reading

sounds like I’d be happy with either.

Thanks for sharing! I had a mind blowing good 07 En Remilly Saint Aubin recently that easily bested a Coche BB…and an 07 Les Perrieres that was slightly corked, yet I could still enjoy the wine through it. These older pycm are fun!

Agreed , I have had a few of the En Remilly and they have all been totally delicious. St Aubin really is a great source of outstanding wines at fair prices in the hands of good producers.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Kent and Brian, I agree, I have bought much more St Aubin in the last several years than any other Cote d’ Or whites. Terrific, serious wines at a relative bargain.

Alan, I have little doubt you would like these. Burgundy is your Colin card.

I’ll Marc that down, Todd.

Thanks Todd.