TN: 2017 Aeris Rosso, Centennial Mountain, California

14.5% abv. Medium-dark ruby, very aromatic. This is a propriety blend of Nebbiolo, Nerello Mascalese, Nerello Capuccio, Zinfandel, Primitivo and Barbera. Intensely concentrated flavor of ripe plum, sage, mint, floral and bramble. Excellent length, depth and mouthfeel.

This wine is sort of like nothing you have ever experienced, but it is unique and delicious! Highly recommended. Guessing that this is still on an upward trajectory.

Any idea on the price point for these wines?

Tom, I can’t comment on the pricing. Perhaps Kevin or Jeff and step in and answer.

Interestingly, Aeris is releasing a red early next week that is similar, but not identical to the “Rosso” I tasted - 2017 Aeris Centennial Mountain “Bricco Rosso.” This one is 50% Nebbiolo and 20% Nerello Mascalese with roughly 10% each of Carignan, Primitivo, and Barbera.

I just received an email saying that Kevin and Jeff will be holding a Zoom conference on Monday (June 1) to answer questions on the Aeris wines.

Per the original email iirc: Rosso $50 and Bianco $35

Was this released previously, or is it upcoming?

Chris, the “Rosso” (the wine this note refers to) has not been publicly released, to my knowledge. A similar wine, the “Bricco Rosso,” will be released very shortly.

Also discussed here:

Presumably the Rosso and Bricco Rosso are the same wines? If not maybe Kevin could clarify?

Peter,
Yes, they are the same wines. Ultimately, we decided to name this wine Bricco Rosso. We will be discussing this on our webinar Monday at 5p (which will be recorded) as well as all other Aeris news!

Kevin,

any info on this webinar. Don’t remember seeing this in email from Rhys recently…

EDIT: Nevermind. found the email, it was flagged as SPAM. look forward to monday

Sean

If any Berserkers would like to join in on Aeris webinar at 5pm today, here is the link -

BTW: The offer is live. I didn’t receive an email yet but I do see an allocation when I login

Sean

Finally opened my sample bottle. It’s very nice. I like the light touch on the flavors despite the 14%+ alcohol. It never feels heavy. The aromatics are quite intriguing. I had a hard time putting my finger on exactly what was going on. Looking forward to receiving my order, as I need to study this project a little more.