Most beautiful wine labels?

Hi,

I’m curious to hear from you what are some of the most beautiful wine labels?

We always talk about the content of the bottles but I think for once it’s time to let the bottle itself shine through. For me, some of the most beautiful (and iconic) are the ones of Georg Breuer and Montevertine. Their top-of-the-range Berg Schlossberg and Le Pergole Torte respectively both hit an aesthetic sweet spot with their yearly changing artistic labels. Really makes me want to collect them as art pieces. I haven’t actually tasted any of the wines yet but the label alone have captured my attention!

Another area of beauty for me is champagne. Stunning bottles that really stand out from the crowd.

What are some of your favorites? Post pics please!

Las Jaras

Simple but at the same time elegant and flat out beautiful - Bryant Family Cabernet Sauvignon ( not only label, whole bottle looks beautiful)
Elegant, aristocratic and beautiful - Pichon Comtesse de Lalande, almost equal is Chateau Angelus.
Older Mondavi Reserves ( from 80ties and 90ties) have very pretty labels

Maximin Grunhaus. -

The old one!

I always loved the script and colors on Antinori’s Pian della Vigne

I totally agree. I just purchased the 2018 Monopol, and it is indeed “modernized”. Still beautiful, just less gothic.

Kinda cheating with this answer, Mouton is literally art.

Also had a batch of 30s and 40s Rieslings, there were a few standouts, this one I still have a pic of.
1949_2.JPG

Rousseau Chambertin

Realm Fidelio
Valdicava BdM

Cadet-Piola

Jolie-Laide
And they change every year
B99642E4-DE65-49FD-A7B3-23094FC053FC.jpeg
B57BC296-9638-4A95-AECC-F02433BDF873.jpeg
52BD94DC-22BA-4B53-9190-000E0CE88946.jpeg
EDC182B5-DAA9-4DC8-A372-4BA3C1BDB5EB.jpeg
3A12430C-74D6-4022-977C-72E35D7D622F.jpeg

Far Niente and the Nickel and Nickel labels are visually appealing, imo.

And any of the of Realm labels (couldn‘t handle some of them on a strong dose :wink:)

This. Jolie Laide labels are awesome and always have an interesting backstory.

Tom

These threads regularly pop up. And they’re always great. Here are some quick thoughts:

Perfection
Dom Perignon
Petrus
Rousseau Chambertin
Yquem

Others I Love
Arnaud Ente
Boisson-Vadot
Dirty & Rowdy
DRC
Hudelot-Noellat
Fourrier
JJ Prum
Krug Clos du Mesnil (old style)
Leflaive (current iteration)
Palmer
Quintarelli
Ridge
Roumier
Sandlands
Willi Schaefer

Info about the artist:

It’s a bit kitschy, or rather faux archaic, but I’ve always liked the label in Pêra Manca, which is meant to depict the first meeting between Pedro Álvares Cabral and the Brazilian natives.
peramanca-tinto2014_hq.jpg

And by extension the Hospices de Romanèche Thorins’ Moulin-à-Vent label - designed by the same printer, almost identical!