TN: 2010 Lisini Brunello di Montalcino

• 2010 Lisini Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (5/24/2020)
    PnP served non-blind. Medium brick red>garnet core, no sign of age. On retrospect I should have aerated this as the wood aromas, and the tightly coiled nature of this medium-bodied wine never really withdrew. It’s still in something of an infant stage on PnP, this bottle, anyway. I saved a remaining 4-5oz portion for tonight, and will update this note if there’s something meaningful. The 14,5% abv. is fully integrated, and the tannins are on their way, but not quite fully resolved. Only average complexity at this point, so I’m going to hold my remaining 2 bottles for another 4-5 years, at least. For its potential, it’s highly recommended.

** night #2. After an hour and a half in my glass, the 4oz I’d poured earlier were everything I want in a Brunello. Now I need to find more. Wow!

Posted from CellarTracker

I bought 6 of these upon release and finally opened one in March. My impression matches yours in that my first glass upon opening the bottle was very tight, but a few hours later, it was wonderful, exactly what I love about Brunello! Very happy to have more.

The '01 is drinking very well right now, and based on the similar quality of the '10 vintage, I’d look to drink my '10s starting in about 7-8 years…

Me, too. Except I’d recently received so PMs that suggested it was ready. It’s not. IMO 6-8 more years would be the start of its plateau, for my palate, anyway. I agree on the 2001, I’ve gone through a couple in the past 18 months; a few remain, plus an '01 Ugolaia, but saving that for a vertical tasting with friends.

Has anyone tried the '04 anytime recently? I have a couple and was thinking they might be in their drinking window by now…

Lisini Brunello is such a great and underrated wine, with a huge window of time to enjoy it in different stages.

Has anyone tried one recently? Notes dont look especially promising on CT

How are you defining promising? The last 5 notes since November have 91, 92, 95, 95, and 98 pts.