2015 Giulia Negri

2015 Giulia Negri Barolo Serradenari - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (5/22/2020)
I preferred the Marassio to this. A very limpid sort of Barolo, with heightened, high-toned aromatics that slowly became more earth-toned as the wine got oxygen. The palate shows a really delicate touch, with wispy elements of red fruit and plenty of acidity. The ripeness of the vintage doesn’t show here, but there’s a fullness to the fruit that you wouldn’t get in a lesser year. Like its fancier sibling, I feel like these are Barolos that hew closely to the modern en vogue red crunchy style in Burgundy these days – not a bad thing; an observation. (93 pts.)

2015 Giulia Negri Barolo Marassio Serradenari - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (5/22/2020)
I liked this a little more than the straight-up Serradenari I had next to this. The perfume here is more prominent, and there’s more of a pronounced minerality in this wine. On the palate, there’s more of an elegance here, with more complexity and elegance. The acidity in this wine is higher than the Serradenari too, and this is a step up in every way. (As a side note, the fruit here is even lighter and crunchier, but no concentrated and flavourful.) This is a Barolo made in the style of the modern red Burgundies with those light red fruit tones, but it works very well. (93 pts.)

Just the 2015 Tartufaia and really liked it, but haven’t had these. I think your description of the style is spot-on.