A few from Taurasi: Salvatore Molettieri

I’ve included one from 8 months ago, a 2005, for reference; the others are recent. One of my favorites in the region, fwiw.

TN: 2005 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Cinque Querce (Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG)

• 2005 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Cinque Querce - Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG (9/19/2019)
    My second one in as many years, and it just continues to impress. Full-bodied, and certainly full-flavored, but not yet at the apogee of its complexity - call it an equal mix of primary and secondary fruit at this stage. Eminently gulpable, so beware; seriously though, give this 90 minutes or so of air in decanter, and get ready for the brilliant show. The winegrowing there today is all natural, and even though I’m not certain of the practices during this period, I’m guessing they were the same. Should drink at this top level another 10-15 years - and this isn’t even the riserva! highly recommended

https://www.italianwinereviews.com

Posted from CellarTracker

TN: 2014 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Renonno (Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG)

• 2014 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Renonno - Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG (4/10/2020)
    First tasted at the winery last month, and again last night (this time with a meal as opposed to the upstairs tasting room at the winery), the wine showed even better than previously. It’s not a show-stopper, but it’s approachable in a composed, structured manner with all its bits and pieces tailored quite nicely. This needs only 30-45 minutes of air before it gets a welcome second win, opening it up even more revealing brighter, more vivid perfumes. The med>full palate is enjoyable, but a few years from its apogee; some more breadth should come with bottle age. A delight with a meal; the 14,5% abv is fully integrated, and came across more like 13,5%. Fine, though slightly chewy sweet tannins add a smile factor. Drink now thru 2026. recommended+, with a good chance to bracket up with some additional bottle rest. Excellent value.

TN: 2011 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Riserva Cinque Querce

• 2011 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Riserva Cinque Querce - Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG (5/12/2020)
    (Winery on 6 Mar 2020, just before Italian quarantine) Very good, and a clear, and satisfying notch up from the non-riserva bottling in this vintage; more of everything, including balance. Pours nearly opaque, with aromas that fill the glass, and most of the room upon first pour. While the label says 15,5% abv., it was (somehow) integrated on both the nose and palate. Nearly all red fruited, with some black fruit accents, this is in stainless at first, before moving to barrique of various age, and then into botte grande for 48 months. The latest release (2012) was not legally available the day I was there (now, some 70 days later, it is), but it was nonetheless tasted side-by-side with this 2011 - it was too hard to pick a favorite, I liked both, for different reasons.

This wine has incredible depth, and with air, substantial breadth, too. The purity and elegance are front and center, and they’re likely to remain there for a decade, or more. Absolutely lovely, if a large scale. It won’t be so easy to keep my hands off of them; exceptional value, organic farming. highly recommended+

I like it better than Monica, but perhaps the extra year and a half (since she tasted) may account for some of that difference.

TN: 2012 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Riserva Cinque Querce

• 2012 Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Riserva Cinque Querce - Italy, Campania, Taurasi DOCG (5/12/2020)
    Tasted side-by-side with the 2011 riserva which has had the benefit of a few years of bottle age, this 2012 is its equivalent today, but by all rights this 2012 will most likely (quickly) pass the '11, before it ultimately ratchets up a half or even full notch. And this is saying a lot, for me, as the 2011 is worth of a highly recommended+ rating already. For fans of this estate, buy early, go deep, it’s brilliant, and an exceptional value. Humble, understated elegance, power, and tradition. 15,0% abv. Drink 2022-2036.