Dry high acid white recommendations?

If the 2017 Patricia Green dry muscat ottonel is my new favorite summer wine for sharing with friends, what should i try next?

My 2016 Ladd Cellars Sonoma Coast Chardonnay…pH of 3.15 (same as 2014 Dauvissat’s), picked at 9gms/liter TA (‘total’ acidity), 40 year old vines so has excellent old vine ‘sap’

(sorry about promoting my own wines, but it fits the op perfectly)

Ceritas and Goodfellow Chard’s have been in that category, but I would get some of Paetra’s Rieslings. Or Stirm. Or Tatomer. They’re all bone dry, really nice and have plenty of acid. Riesling also, in my highly personal opinion of course, just a superior grape to Chardonnay… [stirthepothal.gif] [swoon.gif] [banhim.gif] [cheers.gif]

Muscadet, which is from France’s Loire Valley, is worth checking out. It has the bright acidity you’re looking for and has the added bonus of being relatively available and inexpensive.

Verdicchio, Sartarelli for something minerally, citrusy, and fresh. I’m sitting on a case of Pieropan Soave Classico as well that I adore, fresh orchard and citrus fruit, good acid.

I enjoy both Pieropan and Mucadet (particularly Peppiere Clos des Briords) but Soave isnt what I would call high acid . (Good acid, yes).

Coming from someone who loves high acid whites.

Dry Riesling.

Boom

I second the German Dry Riesling for high acidity. Others to add might be Champagne and Sancerre (Loire Sauv Blanc).

Yep. Came here to say this, and it’s the best answer. Also suggest: Sancerre and other Loire Sauvignon Blanc, Chablis in lean years only, and dry Riesling. Txakolina is also worth a look for dry, effervescent wines.

GG Riesling.

Some great suggestions, above. I’ll add Assyrtiko (unoaked!) from Santorini. Particularly Hatzidakis, Argyros, Sigalas, and sometimes Gaia.

+1 Hatzidakis Assyrtiko and I would also look to Portugal. Niepoort’s Redoma Branco can be found under $25 and the 2018 is particularly strong, and if you really want something special, seek out his Bairrada project and try the 2015 Quinta do Baixo Branco Vinhas Velhas. This wine comes from 80+ year old vines, is made is big 1000L old used foudres, is intensely dry at just 11.5% alcohol, and naturally achieves incredibly high acidity with a pH under 3.0. It’s an incredible wine.

Dry Riesling/GG from 2013 and 2017

As a Portuguese, and before I read your post, my first thoughts were Alvarinho from Soalheiro and the Arinto wines from Bucelas (a denomination which, like Chablis, only allows for whites). Great to see Niepoort get attention, though. It helps that Dirk is by far the most export savvy of Portuguese wine producers. Others who are every bit his equal need to step up the game.

The 2018? champagne.gif

Lots of good suggestions (Chablis, Vinho Verde, Sancerre and Muscadet especially) but you might also try some Italian whites from Alto Adige & Friuli including Kerner, Sylvaner, and Pinot Grigio as well as Gavi in Piedmont.

The '18 Tornatore Etna Bianco is fantastic for about $20.

Try a bottle of Picpoul de Pinet. Felines Jourdaines’ bottling is usually pretty good.

generally, Melon de Bourgogne from Muscadet, Chenin Blanc from Vouvray and Saumur, dry Riesling from Germany. The 2010 and 2015 dry Rieslings from Germany will rip your face off with their acidity.

I’m an equal opportunity enjoyer of both Chardonnay and Riesling, but for high acid I would go Riesling. Not sure I think of Paetra or Tatomer as high acid though. I like both wines, and both are very well made but also pretty quaffable as opposed to electric.

New world high acid Rieslings for me would be Tantalus and Synchromesh. Old world, I like the trocken wines from Loewen, and GGs as a high acid style.

Also hard to go wrong with good dry Chenin Blanc, Savenierres, Anjou, or Vouvray(when dry).

Lots of great options in Northern Italy as well.