PSA: 2016 Vouette et Sorbee Fidele @ Sec Wines....each $55, or each $50 if you buy 6

It hit my email tonight and so a few of us pooled an order. Not coordinated, just rather some good luck.

No affiliation with Sec Wines but they have given me good service the last few years and there is no damn sales tax.

For folks joining the Vouette et Sorbee event next weekend, might be a good time to pick up some. I opened the 2016 Fidele tonight and it’s drinking great, with good spine, some crunchy red fruits, red apple, lime and stones with a touch of creaminess.

1 Like

$55.00 dollars is a steal. Here in Australia the lowest price for Fidele is A$118.00 ($77.00), and the average ~A$130.00 ($85.00)!

Thanks for the heads up! I needed one for the upcoming zoom!

Eric @ Sec has been great to me for a long time, one of my power 3 NW retailers. Great service, prices, and he has been very accurate when pre-orders are due.

How’s shipping to the East Coast?

Andrew, send an email to eric@secwines.com. He has been corresponding with me this morning on our group’s order so I am sure you can get a quick answer.

What’s the six bottle discount? Is it just this wine, six of any wine, any mixed six?

It’s just on the V et S Fidele. There is no other wines to mix with it.

When we built the case of bottles, we had a few extra slots so the group filled those up to maximize the shipping cost for the trip down the coast.

Eric is great and I’ve bought a lot of wine from him and gotten excellent service… I’m a big fan of the V/S wines and the Fidele in particular but I will say that generally speaking it needs a couple years in the bottle before it shows what it is, that’s been my experience with the 16 so far, I’ve had two bottles (I believe both were disgorged in 11/18 but I’m not 100% sure) one most recently just about a month ago and I’d say while both were pretty good they really weren’t showing what makes the Fidele a magical wine. To the best I can tell I think it has something to do with the oak or some of the “richer” elements of the wine hiding some of the underlying energy/complexity.