50% off vinguardvalise

With free shipping. Picked up a piccolo for 125. Could be useful for short trips.

1 Like

30% per website? What code are you using?

1 Like

I think the coupon is FLASH50

sorry yeah flash50

1 Like

This is crazy tempting. If you load up a full case of wine, do you stay under 50lbs like you do with the WineCheck? Or should I just prepare myself to pay overweight bag fees from here on out?

I’ve packed a case with very heavy bottles, including Champagne, weighing in at 48 lbs. I suppose you could go over with some of the monster war club bottles.

Do champagne bottles fit in the standard inserts? Or do you have to get the ‘XL’ inserts, which reduce total capacity?

I’ve found the standard inserts to work, but Champagne come in a huge variety of bottle shapes and sizes. I’m guessing that the type with a super wide bottom might not fit with the standard insert. I know they don’t fit in standard styro and cardboard shippers.

I’ve managed to get taittinger and Krug bottles in there. I think it’d be hard to pack an entire case of big champagne bottles and stay under 50 lb but I’ve never gone over.

I’ve gone over 50# twice with all champagne. Cost me $100s. Now I weigh it.
Warren

It’s flexible enough to squeeze them in.

I will relate an experience. I’ve purchased three of these through the years, 2 twelve bottle cases and one eight. The last full bottle case came with a torn inside strap. When I contacted them, they offered to pay me $25 to take it to a luggage repair shop and have it fixed. I took it to a shoe/luggage repair store and they couldn’t fix it. It’s my fault that I didn’t contact them again, but this was a brand new unit that had a defect noted the first time I used it. I was hoping they would have initially offered a replacement. I still use it with a broken strap.

Thanks all, went ahead and pulled the trigger with the 50% off price and reasonable reviews

I also appreciate the OP letting us know about the sale and thank the others who have chimed in with reviews. I also used a discount to buy a Grande today – thanks for posting about the sale.

Thanks to the OP for the PSA.

And thanks to Vinguard Valise for this copywriting:

“Ribbed design for durability and optimal performance.”

I bought. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the PSA and the coupon code. I just ordered the Grande and added the 2 glass insert. I didn’t buy the XL bottle inserts. I read on this thread that the slots are pretty flexible and people have put Krug bottles in the slots. If I travel with mostly CA cab/pinot noir/chard, does anyone see the need to add the XL slots? If so I’d like to order them before the sale ends but based on earlier comments I figured the standard slots should work just fine.

Thanks for the PSA—picked up a bigun’

Thank you for sharing…I picked one up at 50% off, it’s worth a shot.

I use mine when i travel with wine. You can use the other part as a suitcase as desired. I’ve never gone over 50 lbs with Champagne or Napa wines