TN: Ravines Cerise FingerLakes '16...(short/boring)

Had this the other night w/ dinner:

1. Ravines Cerise FingerLakes RW (12.5%; PinotNoir/Blaufrankisch; www.RavineWine.com) Geneva/NY 2016: Med.light color; somewhat earthy/loamy light floral/PN/violets bit plummy/Burgenland Blaufrankisch light pencilly/oak bit rustic nose; slightly tart some earthy/loamy/rustic slight PN/floral/violets some plummy/Blayfrankisch slight pencilly/oak flavor w/ light coarse tannins; very long rather earthy/loamy/rustic light PN/floral/violets rather plummy/Blaufrankisch light pencilly/oak finish w/ light rough tannins; reminds mostly of Burgenland Blaufrankisch w/ lots of FingerLakes earthy/loamy character and the PN giving it a bit of a high-toned/floral character; quite an interesting red. $20.00 (CB)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This is a wine DarrellCorti recommended to me last Fall. A bit on the earthy/loamy/rustic side, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this wine.
    Tom

I much prefer their whites. But I’ll give it another run this fall when we’re in the neighborhood. Thanks for the note

I was in the wine club for a couple of years; the whites take flight, the reds skip along.

I love Ravines wines, thanks for the note. Interestingly, I’ve been coming around to an opinion that I prefer Riesling with some residual sugar. Its harder and harder to find the equivalents of kabinet through auslese in the Finger Lakes.

I had the basic ‘14 Riesling last week and enjoyed it, though I remember thinking it had a little bit a TomHill “hurty” acidity. In the best sense, to the winemaker and you the author. I appreciate all your notes over the years.

Thanks for the kudos, Vincent. Be they short/boring or long/boring, they’re a labor of love and I enjoy sharing my impressions with others. Surely, someday, they will bring me fame & fortune!!
Tom

Obviously something that should be planted up and down the East Coast!

right. after a lifetime of eschewing wines with any touch of sweetness, I’m digging Finger Lakes semi-dry riesling.

Wrong Ravines link…That link is for the Canadian Ravine.

Here is the correct link… https://ravineswine.com/

Cerise is one of my least favorite Ravines reds. It can be a decent wine on occasion, but I find many other more interesting wines available.,