TN: 2017 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Patty Green Commemorative Willamette Valley

• 2017 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Patty Green Commemorative Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/16/2020)
    Disclosure - I haven’t had a chance to drink a lot of PG wines for the simple reason of there is so much wine out there and I can’t drink them all. I have been staying in place with my SO in Arlington VA since 4-4, and there isn’t really a good option to purchase (thank god for Alaska free case of wine - so I took 2 and paid the $100 for the 2nd) wine, but there is a fun beer shop up the street with a small, but very well curated selection of wines under $30. To my surprise, they had a Kelley Fox Momtazi but it was sold out. They brought this out, and I was thrilled. Besides, I could never refuse a bottle with Modelo Especial on the label.

Decanted 4 hrs. This is easily one of the most balanced young pinots of recent memory, I mean there isn’t a thing out of place, period. While yet to take a more specific shape, a gentle, but complex array of dark fruit leads the ceremony as does supporting notes of cloves and other baking spices. Deceptive structure on the back half, but plenty of it so this going to age and age well. Seamless. What a wonderful tribute. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker