TN: 2009 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Moulin-à-Vent

• 2009 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Moulin-à-Vent - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Moulin-à-Vent (5/12/2020)
    I waited three years since the prior bottle (other than one that was corked…grrrr), and this is still very fresh. Deep cherry fruit, fresh, green herbs, light earth tones - it has gone a bit Burgundian in the nest sense of the word. It is flawed though, as it seems to evaporate from the glass. Whenever I look, it’s gone! Drink now and over the next 10+ years. It has tons of life.

Posted from CellarTracker

This stuff was so damn good, I blew through my 6-pack years ago!

I only have one left, plus a couple of his 2009 Morgon.

Anyone drink ‘09 Fleurie lately?

I lot of people are experiencing this flaw these days.
Mystery of wine in isolation.jpg

I think it’s the vintage character that is making that bottle drink on the early side, as this bottling is usually quite backward. The 2000 has just started to drink well in the past year or so, but the structure still shows on it and it will be better in another 2-5.

Wow, thanks for the check in. I knew I had some from 09 so I went to check CT as I bought heavy overall for the year. I have 6 MaV, 4 Morgon and 1 Fluerie left. Im wondering if I even tried this as a youngster as I have no note. That would be a shame, but I bet I drank the fluerie early for a reason.

cheesehead

I happen to have a single bottle of the 2010 and have been wondering 1) when should I open 2) why are there so many lackluster notes on CT. I guess this explains…