TN: 2015 Biggio Hamina Claygate Vnd Pinot Noir

TN: 2015 Biggio Hamina Claygate Vnd Pinot Noir: Been curious about Todd’s wines for awhile and when his killer offer appeared in the forum, it was time to pounce. Color: slightly bricking at the edges. First note is smokiness. Then chalky, mouth coating tannins. Did I say chalky? Finish is long and smooth but not at all lacking in acid. Although amplified, perfectly enveloping and velvety. There’s oak there. This is great, but it’s certainly a bigger PN. In fact one of the bigger ones I’ve had in awhile. Loved it, and I can already tell it will go stellar with my rosemary and garlic lamp chops. 93pts.

2015 was a very warm year, and this wine was completely destemmed so there was no way the stems were going to help refine this beast. I don’t mind that because I feel it showcases what that year gave us. And really that is what I like to do, let the year shine through. This vineyard on marine sedimentary soils does a nice job being on the full throttle side anyways, so a fun match up. Glad you liked it.