Was gifted some Riesling, when should I be drinking it?

A friend gifted me a half case of Riesling as I almost never buy/drink it. What should I be cellaring vs. what should I be drinking in the short term? Is it bad to be drinking GGs on release or in their youth?

2016 Dr. Loosen Graacher Himmelreich GG
2017 Dr. Loosen Erdener Treppchen GG
2017 Dr. Loosen Ürziger Würzgarten GG
2017 Robert Weil Kiedrich Gräfenberg Trocken GG
2018 Wittman Aulerde GG
2018 Wittman Morstein GG

Of those the Wittman could definitely benefit from cellaring. If you were to open one I would suggest the 16 Loosen based on the vintage however I should add I don’t regularly drink the wines.

Kyle,
In my limited experience tasting GG Riesling young and older, the enjoyment factor is raised about 1000% by waiting at least 8-9 years after the vintage. Unless your friend is expecting to report back soon, hold 'em.

Around 2030.

For the Wittmann and Weil, I would wait.

I think the Loosen wines are generally more open in most vintages, though I have not had any 2017s.

Really? I drink GGs regularly and have since the beginning. And I would respectfully disagree.

I haven’t had one that I’ve enjoyed young, but as noted, my experience is limited. Aged ones are a different animal for me.

I like them young, mid-life and old. They don’t really shut down. The aging is more of a continuum to me. Yes some like the Wittman above do need age but must don’t. I understand if you prefer them old.

Loosen GGs are always open for business, young or old. 2016 was definitely a better vintage than 2017.

if you have no experience with the wines, why wouldn’t you try them now and decide if they are for you. at least that way you will know if you should load up.

I had a 2014 375ml Schafer-Frölich Felseneck GG last week. It needed an hour to open up. Very enjoyable, but
even better the next day.

Thanks all. I might break open some of the Loosens, but will cellar the Wittmann’s and Weil longer.