'00" Corton-Charlemagne 2017...$325!

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member

'00" Corton-Charlemagne 2017...$325!

#1 Post by B. Buzzini » May 10th, 2020, 4:37 pm

Yowza...I know that 00 is suppose to be the Coche Roulot killa from OR...I bought some 16 EGW, but haven't checked in on one yet, so I can't confirm how much better it is from the likes of WScott...but NOW the invasion is on their land!! [truce.gif] At least they have the pricing right so far. [wink.gif]

Here is what Envoyer had to say about this VERY limited wine...

"$325
In Stock Next Week

Only 12 bottles Available

00 have been making very impressive wines in the Willamette Valley in Oregon, with the EGW and VGW being two stunning examples of their drive. Now 00, is not limited to just the USA, and this is the first of what will hopefully be many releases of Micro Production Corton-Charlemagne. The fruit here was purchased from a family that owns a small parcel and was vinified by the same winemaker that helped start 00 and the premier wine consultant in Burgundy, Pierre Millemann. Pierre has an extensive list of qualifications working everywhere from Rene Renou in Anjou to Charles Heidsieck in Champagne as well as in Bordeaux. Earning his master's degree in Enology in Dijon, Pierre, as well as doing consulting, is also a teacher at the University of Burgundy. We can only expect great things to come, and a few of our clients have already gotten a taste stating it is incredible. There were only 25 cases made of this Corton-Charlemagne, and we are fortunate to have 12 bottles to offer. 00 has wasted no time becoming one of the top new names in wine, and we look forward to seeing them continue their successes and branch our further!"

What's the thoughts here on these wines from 00? Don't see many tn's...if any at all?
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

Return to “Wine Talk”