TN: 2018 Walter Scott Pinot Noir X-Novo Vineyard

• 2018 Walter Scott Pinot Noir X-Novo Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (5/10/2020)
    Let’s get the first thing out of the way - while the Xnovo Chard is a white burg assassin - the Pinot to my taste, screams OR (I realize its hard to pin down a stereotype of OR Pinot but just indulge me please). Nice perfume trickles out as does a dash of funk which I often get in young Pinot. Erika said this should show well early, and indeed there was a lot of tasty dark fruit, slightly underripe blackberries but with a slight dusting of sugar, very playful in fact. As I worked through the first glass, things got a lot more serious as a firm structure began to impose its will but still in balance and harmony. Cleansing and very fresh on the finish, imparts a nice baking spice residue to contemplate. Lovely Pinot. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Had to buy this wine for obvious reasons. Glad to hear it sounds like a winner. Thanks for the early note.

Thanks for the note Dale. I’m expecting my first couple Walter Scott wines (2017 Cuvee Ruth PN and 2017 X-Novo Chard) soon, looking forward to trying them out!

I have some coming! Very excited about the whites en route to me as we speak!