Philly Oenophile Zoom TN: 2008 Laurent Perrier

I live in D.C. area now but I lived in Philly for a long time and would attend a wine tasting group called the Philly Oenophiles. Harry Cantrell hosted the even and saw several of the old members. This event was for Champagne. I pulled a bottle of 2008 Laurent Perrier and enjoyed it with my partner, who didn’t care for the wine until he had 4 glasses of it. Then, it was the best Champagne he ever tasted. For me, it was quite acidic, very racy. But, a huge mouth feel to it which I found interesting. Lots of unripe stone fruit, like a plum not quite ripe but you know if you left it out for a couple of days it would have been perfect. I also initially drank it way too cold. I should have known better. As it warmed up it showed what it had. I have another bottle which I will let sit for several years before I open. It was very fun event. This is only the second Zoom tasting I’ve attended. The first was hosted by Wine.com with John Legend and JC Boisset, also fun but you couldn’t talk! My thanks to Harry for hosting.