TN: Two Ingrid Groiss Austria '15...(short/boring)

We had these two over the last few days:

1. IngridGroiss GrunerVeltliner DAC: Weinviertel (12.5%; CircoVinoImports/Tuscon; www.Ingrid-Groiss.At) Breitenwaida 2015: Med.light gold color; beautiful GV/white pepper/very floral/gardenias rather complex very perfumed nose; lightly tart/tangy very strong GV/white pepper/very floral/gardenias quite rich/lush/ripe totally dry slight stony/tangy rather complex flavor; very long/lingering lightly lightly tart very aromatic/GV/white pepper/floral rich/ripe rather complex finish; really developing into a Smaargd-level of GV w/ lots of complexity & aromatics; beautiful GV.

1. IngridGroiss Gemischter Satz Breitpuechtorff Niederosterreich (12.5%; Chardonnay/Frühroter Veltliner/ Grauburgunder/Grauer Vöslauer/Grüner Veltliner/Hietl Rote/ Müller Thurgau/Neuberger/Pinot Blanc/Riesling/Roter Veltliner/ Rotgipfler/Sämling/Silberweisse/Welchriesling/Wiesse Vöslauer/ Zierfandler) Breitenwaida 2015: Loud pop when screwtop removed; lots of tiny bubbles clinging to the side of the glass/dissolved CO2; med.gold color; lovely mostly GV-like/floral/gardenias/carnations/spicy lightly mineral/valve oil very fragrant fairly complex beautiful nose; quite tart/tangy very light dissolved CO2 very strong floral/gardenias/carnations some GV-like slight mineral/valve oil/pungent slight earthy rather complex flavor; very long/lingering intense floral/gardenias/carnations/GV/peppery slight CO2 fairly tart/tangy rather rich/lush bit mineral/valve oil/pungent quite complex finish; a beautiful minerally/complex GS; one of the best GS’s I can recall having.

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. The IngridGroiss wines appeared in NM with the '14 vintage as I recall. I immediately fell in love with them. I haven’t had these two '15’s in some 3 yrs or so. I was blown away by how much weight they had put on and the complexity they’ve developed. About as fine an Austrian as I can recall. I suspect they still have another 4-6 yrs left in them.
    These two basic Groiss wines are about all that come to NM. She also makes some more specialized/vnyd designate wines.
    Several yrs ago, we did a visit to her in Breitenwaida. They have a Heuriger at the winery where she entertained us between crushing lots of grapes. One of the greatest experiences Susan & I have had in Austria. I took a btl of the Carlisle GV to share with her to show what they’re doing in CA with that grape.
    Outstanding wines and very reasonably priced.
    Tom