TN: 2014 Copain DuPratt Vyd. (Anderson Valley) Chardonnay

My first go-round with this wine. Light straw in the glass, a little beeswax and rainwater on the nose. This wine is still young and vibrant. Citrus zest, a touch of honey and a good bit of zippy acidity make this a lean, refreshing young Chardonnay. This is drinking well now, but there is no need to hurry. I have at least one more bottle, and I will wait a year or two to revisit.

Brad, I texted Wells last March with a photo of the 2013, telling him I thought it was one of the best (if not the best) Chards he ever made. I got one bottle left I am attached to, which I will drink in the next few years. He did good work with DuPratt.

Frank, thanks for your input. I have enjoyed every Copain DuPratt I have tried, and I was a regular buyer until a few years ago. It would not surprise me if I had a 2013 or two laying around.

I finished off the '14 this evening and, while it softened a bit since yesterday, the wine showed some orange rind and slight creamy/marzipan note. I had a little more than a glass left to contemplate.

Brad, if you get around to opening a 2013, I’d be curious to see your POV on the wine. I get your feed via my CT account so when you post, I will see it.

All I have left of Dupratt now is a single bottle of 2013 and 2015.

I will make sure to post a note. Thanks!