Freaking Awesome Village !!

2015 Domaine Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin Vieille Vigne - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (5/8/2020)

Fresh, pure, polished, sapid, bright, cherry and strawberry, juicy, chocolatey, finishing lovely with impeccable balance. Awesome & Favorite Village!? (92 pts.)

A stupid just learned a new word.

Juicy? It’s a brand of sweat pants.

LOL an awesome $125 village wine

Fourrier’s village level wines outperform IMO. Really like them in leaner years – find them to be a bit candied and ripe in warmer vintages.

too bad they don’t age so well. Just popped the 06 CM and seemed to have lost its vigor.

2005 gevrey vv a few weeks ago was prime time.

Sounds like I need to stand up a bottle of this up.

It sure as shit better be awesome. At ~$125, it’s pricing is well into 1er territory.

Or, without being hyperbolic, we can talk about it like the $90 bottle it is.

There’s plenty of worse wine being sold for far more money.

+1. Have never spent more than $100 for this wine, and IMO it’s absolutely worth the price.

It’s not a cheap Villages wine, but current vintage is not $125.

I struggled to find the 2015 for that much either.

I rarely buy village burgundy anymore, but I buy this pretty much every year.

Good to hear, have a small allocation since 2014 and letting them rest for now. The 2011 was pretty amazing over the last 2 years, but think there’s a good chance Jason’s right and it runs a bit too jammy for my tastes in warmer vintages.

You try any Chambolle from 06 lately?

nope not a fan of the vintage.

What I was going to ask. How much?

Than you cannot answer my thought about it.

Seems like Yaacov was just trying to add another data point on how the wines age – obviously none of us can speak to the exact bottle of 06 CM you had.

Anecdotally from my experience as well the wines age very nicely.

So your contention is that your bottle of 06 Chambolle didn’t age well? Solid argument!

I’ve had plenty of older Fourrier village that aged just fine.