Zoom Livestream Session - Bryan and Katie Flannery! May 23rd, 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern

I know this isn’t Wine Talk, necessarily, but all our Zoom video sessions are being announced here, and posted here, and I’ve been talking with Katie Flannery to come up with a session, so we’ve settled on May 23rd. Yesterday on the Joel Peterson/Morgan Twain Peterson session (AWESOME!) there was a whole lot of chat about getting Flannery on a session, so that sealed the deal.

I’ll post the time when we get it, but I wanted to start this thread so we can come up with ideas on what to do. Bryan will bring a few primals home for the session and will set up the laptop so he will have cuts to break down if people want to see and ask questions.

Katie’s question is as follows:

“what cuts are people most interested in? can’t get the bandsaw in the kitchen so shortloin/porterhouse fabrication would be out, lol, but everything else is on the table”

So…what would you like to see? We’ve got plenty of time to figure it out, but let’s make this your own!

Here’s the link! Launch Meeting - Zoom

(it’s not active until the start time, 5pm Pacific on Saturday May 23rd, so don’t try to click it now, just add it to your calendar)

I think it would be fun to see them break down a rib primal and run through the differences from the chuck end (the location of the marvelous spinalis laden Jorge) to the loin end, the various cuts that can be made from the primal and their similarities and differences, and how they decide how each rib primal should be broken down.

I’d also be interested in some discussion about the sourcing of their meat, differences between CA Reserve and Midwestern and preferred cuts from each, and where they see the industry heading as vegetable-based substitute and cultured meat (aka lab grown meat) products become more prevalent.

This is great, Todd!

Bravo, Mike! You may have just designed the entire session!!!

I assume everyone attending this will be eating steak on the livestream?

Need a meat sale now to restock :slight_smile:

insider tip: hanger steak sale launches tmrw :slight_smile: -k

SSIIIIICCCKKK!!

Ok, folks, I’ve added a poll with times. Tough to know when to do it, as I’m not really looking forward to watching a bunch of people EAT while on this session, so I strongly suggest a time that is not during meals, particularly when Bryan will be butchering some carcass live on the session :slight_smile:

Ba-ZING [cheers.gif]

Thanks Bryan. Will be ready to buy [highfive.gif]

Dang! Order being delivered today. Guess I’ll suffer through tri tips and veal etc until the next go ‘round :slight_smile:

Awesome spin on the wine Zoom concept. Strongly second this being instructional about Flannery beef and not being visual about eating it.

As for comments, I’d be interested in hearing what they think are the qualitative differences between cuts with the bone-in and those where it has been removed. I am a recent convert to the Flannery KCs from their NY strips so curious as to their thoughts.

This is excellent. Thank you Bryan, Katie and Todd!

Sounds great.

Thanks for the tip on the Hanger sale Bryan!

I already have some hanger steak from Bryan in the freezer so I will be grabbing some parsley for a homemade chimichurri sauce on the 22nd.

Awww.
But it makes sense. I suppose.

Please count me in for whatever time gets decided on.

Time to stock up!

My favorite steak!
35B7900F-8E5B-4FC4-BD49-0DBA9F518ACE.jpeg