Lail - J. Daniel? Tell Me About It

Not much talk on the board about Lail. What are your experiences with the J. Daniel. Thinking about pre-ordering a couple

World class wine that’s made in a modern style while still honing back to a more polished sophisticated approach. The Blueprint Cab and Sauv Blance are very good QPR wines. Plus, Robin Lail is true Napa old school royalty.

I have only had the '07. I have drank on of 2 and t was delicious. I have included my note.

12/25/2019 - I LIKE THIS WINE: (Edit)94 Points
My first of two drank with grilled beef tenderloin. Delicious mature cab. Concentrated dark fruit, licorice, smoke and earthy notes . Good secondary development. Well integrated flavors. Plenty of stuffing to go at least 3-5 more years.

My wife and I have been members for several years now. Absolutely love all of their wines (including the J. Daniel). Also, the entire crew there is incredibly nice and the visit we took to their Mole Hill estate was a highlight from our trip to Napa last year.

1 Like

I’ve had half a dozen over the years. Impeccable. Expensive and worth it.

Dan Kravitz

I have a lone 2013 Lail Mole Hill. Worth it?

2021 futures just came out. I took 3

There’s one bottle of this bottling in my dad’s cellar. I have not brought it home yet. Maybe I should next trip.

1 Like