TN: 2017 Louis Jadot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot Clos de la Chapelle Domaine du Duc de Magenta

2017 Louis Jadot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot Clos de la Chapelle Domaine du Duc de Magenta - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (5/5/2020)
Wow. Fresh and bright and so much electricity and verve. Layered, complex, and rich with a somewhat generous kiss of oak which is nonetheless well balanced thanks to the fruit and acidity. There’s a richness that speaks well of Chassagne, though I honestly doubt I’d peg it blind. What a brilliant wine – this will no doubt go the distance. I’ll add that this may well surpass the Meursault Perrières that I had a week or two ago. (93 pts.)

Thanks for the note - although after reading the note, I was hoping for a score of 93+. [cheers.gif] I missed this wine when Envoyer offered it a week or so ago, but got some of the PM Garenne. Hope that it is as good.

Amazed the name fit into the subject line.

Thanks for the note; it inspired me to pick up some Domaine Puligny Referts [cheers.gif]

Jadot is really hitting it out of the park every vintage. I strongly doubt you’ll be disappointed.

I especially appreciate the bottling under DIAM now. It seems like they’re just doing everything right.

Sounds great. Still a few bottles left on envoyer website…

I have tasted in the past at Jadot and liked the whites from barrel (as well as the reds) but have only bought reds because of premox fears. It is the bottling under DIAM that has given me confidence to try buying the whites. Thanks.

Had the 2016 Jadot CM Garenne tonight and liked it a good bit. Beautiful flavors. Still young and fresh.