TN: 2012 Fietri Chianti Classico Riserva (Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG)

• 2012 Fietri Chianti Classico Riserva - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG (5/5/2020)
    From the VDLT sampler. Dried cherries, a hint of strawberry and spice. Sweet pomegranate, strawberry and significant chalk.Medium bodied and a pleasing drink. Still a lot of development ahead for this wine. Best of the lot so far.

Posted from CellarTracker

Brian, This was definitely my favorite as well iirc. This is the one that was supposed to be the most austere, right?
Btw I’d highly recommend the Innocenti wines for those who enjoy the pure and more old fashioned lighter style. Picked up a mixed case and hope to be back for more.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Just bought some Grassl from them and was looking through their website. Seems like they have a good mix based on the CT reviews. Most 90 pointers (not that I care about points, but it means CT folks seem to like the wines).

Was this a direct purchase from them or one of their wait for the winery to ship a bunch over? Or do you get 4 cases a year, similar to a wine club? I’m still figuring out how their site/system works.

Thanks for the note, I’ve been meaning to give “good” chiantis a try. I just had too many bad ones before I got serious with wine and never really came back.

This was from their NY warehouse. If you look at their offerings you’ll see the VDLT banner in the upper right corner for wines that come straight from EU.
I’m personally looking to pick up 3 cases of direct imports from Italy.

Thanks Peter. So the VDLT Direct is from the wineries themselves and the “From Our Cellars” is stuff they have ready to ship.

Do the EU wines wait for a cool-season ship or do they ship refrigerated? Looking forward to trying some of these.

Anthony

I trust Peter as a VDLT spokesperson but I give you the horse’s mouth. I sent you an email with my phone number. If you didn’t receive it I can send a PM.

You are correct From Our Cellars are wines in stock that ship from our NY warehouse. VDLT Direct are packed and shipped by the winemakers direct to you. Our winemakers will hold orders until shipping season resumes. Some items are in short supply and should be ordered now for fall shipping.

Happy to discuss process and the wines with you.

Thanks Greg (and Peter). Appreciate the info!

Greg, I did get your e-mail and will contact you when we’re ready to order. Thanks again.