2018 Carter Release

I’ve been waiting for the release for a while and it seems that they just opened the site to the 2018 box set purchases. They didn’t raise the prices this year, so it’ll probably sell out fast when they open the full release next month.

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything more specific regarding the 2018s and would like to share input on whether I should go for the whole lineup, or remained focused on the OG, Verdad, and GTO?

Thanks! [thankyou.gif]

Downside to the box sets? Little extra charge, more freight?

and, the product mix of course

I am going to buy as much as the wallet allows. For their price point, its hard to beat their juice.

just ordered the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Six Pack. First time ordering Carter, but loving what Mike does with Myriad, so very excited to try these when they arrive. Can you buy single bottles of each? also, is the GTO worth $650 (magnum)?

Will be eagerly awaiting the normal bottling release. Will be a multiple case purchase just as 16 was. My credit card company cannot wait.

The GTO magnum is pound-for-pound the best top tier Beckstoffer To Kalon available. Most of its compeers (Realm Absurd, Vice Versa Mag7, etc) are $450-500 for a single bottle. If you’re going to test drive the GTO, 2018 is the vintage you want in your cellar.

Last year I bought 2 of the OG and The Carter. Not sure what I will go for this year, but definitely will buy.

Such a logical way of thinking. You may have just sold me on a bottle or two.

I guess I’m in for one, thanks!.. AmEx won’t be happy. MM 2018 blend release on the 19th…

I know next to nothing about Wine but if you look at the current prices of the 2016’s, 5 of the 6 (in the 6 pack) are going for 300-500 a bottle and the 6th is $175. Point being, if 2018 is anything like 2016, there seems to be value in this offering vs. most that are easy to get w/o a long wait list. Was enough for me to jump on it and put them away for a special occasion. The magnum is truly enticing too…

Took the 3 pack

old sparky?

Grabbed a 6 pack. Never had it but the feedback here is pretty phenomenal

Is the price for the wood box three pack any different than buying separately at the full release? It’s an average of $188 a bottle and $29 shipping?

Shipping is likely a little bit more but bottle cost is the same.

Appears that the O.G. and Verdad are 195, weitz is 150 and everything else 185 that’s available currently. Fortuna, hossfeld, Carter and the other lpv are unknown currently.

Do they release the GTO again at the main release?

Eh, never mind… GTO purchased. Can’t wait till next month to add on.

I like the premise, but wonder if it’s something you should rely on as part of your purchase justification. Two bottles of 2016 La Verdad just sold on commerce corner for $275 or less. After tax and shipping, that’s not a ton more than cost. And that wine got double 100 point scores, which does a lot to support value. If these wines got scores of 98-99, you probably are at best getting your cost back. The 2018 is also a wine you can sign up right now and buy.

I didn’t do a ton of research here, so might be off base, but would be interested to hear from others what they think.

Purchased the 3 pack for $565.

Per Jeb Dunnuck the 2017 prices were: Grand Daddy $185; 3Kings $185 and OG $195 for a total of $565.

Shipping to PA was $37.60, which didn’t appear to be too high for a wood box.