TN: 2012 Henri Boillot Clos de la Mouchere

nose a bit reticent, sulfur blows off and it’s real creamy on entry, firms up and shows a steely backbone as it hits midpalate, great precision and drive. Lemon citrus and a hint of herbs, good density, long finish. Not a hint of premox, a super bottle, grand cru level yearly and an annual purchase. Makes all the tastebuds stand at attention.

agreed, two in the past week, first premoxed bad second mirrored your impressions, needed air and then it kicked into another gear Yum
Thanks
MT

So you have to buy two to get one good one? [cry.gif]

Same exact thing happened to me with this 2012 last year - first bottle pre-moxed, second showing young…

Annual purchase , me too . Agree , when it’s good , it’s grand cru level . But premox is an issue at this domaine.

For me as well, except that somehow I skipped 2012! Not sure what happened…

Had an 07 premox lately :rage:

hahah. I decided to open the good one first.

Not recently, but in the past, I’ve had bad 08s, which was a bummer since I love Boillot and his CdlM. Hoping things have improved.

Boillot boy, you’re making it hard for me to stay on my wine buying hiatus…
Have some at my retailer…

I picked up four of the '17s in December for a really good price. I too am hoping for better odds. Thanks for the TN

This bottling can really turn it on, its 3.4 Hectares, mostly old vines with quite a few missing
the 14 at Le Montrachet last year following a 15 Raveneau Valmur was easily Grand Cru level,
I wish Boillot would switch to Diam or the Francisco Sagrera corks, they are like rocks
MT